Wednesday, August 23, 2006

First Post What!

I love talking about myself, and I know that everyone is absolutely dying to learn more about me. So here we are. This blog has been established solely to facilitate discussion of my second-favorite subject - myself. And since I know you're all hanging on my every word, and that you are all dying to learn something biographical about me so you can make thousands of dollars of profit by revealing this information to The National Enquirer when you learn that I am really the mild-mannered secret identity of a kickass superhero, here are some tantalizing tidbits about myself:

  • I think I just wrote the longest sentence EVER.
  • I make the world's worst coffee, and I drink it black because it would be a shame to waste milk or sugar on the crap that I make. My favorite coffee, however, is Dunkin' Donut's blueberry flavor. Yummy hot or iced!
  • I can write with my feet. I cultivated this skill in high school, in physics class. That probably explains a lot about the grade I got.
  • While it is supposedly physically impossible to lick your elbows, I CAN DO IT. Clearly that is evidence of bigger and brighter things to come.
  • My pet gerbils are named after English faculty at my university. I had a hamster, too, but he died in July. I cried.

All right, I think that's enough for now. I have to save something for later, after all.

8 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

This IS totally basmatic! What was the impetus for the new blog? Not that I'm not all for it, because I totally, basmatically am. Sorry about your hamster; that is really sad.

8:40 PM  
Blogger michael said...

you drink you coffee black? marry me ;) black coffee is the only way of drinking coffee. if i want to drink milk, i will buy some. if i want to eat sugar, buy one. but why drink coffee and sugar if i want to drink coffee? only black coffee drinkers are real coffee knowers :)

9:02 PM  
Blogger Totally Basmatic said...

Re: Beth - I realize I have a lot to say (Or maybe I just like to hear myself talk, I don't know) but I don't want to abuse my Bollywood blog with personal entries too much. I want one primarily for music/movie reviews and other madness, while the other is for... ordinary... madness...

Re: Michael - ABSOLUTELY. Let's set a date right now. How's next Thursday for you? :P I'll admit that sometimes I will add milk to coffee, but only to cool it down if I need to drink it in a hurry.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Sheetal said...

how nice... a blog just for you! that's basmatic :)

i look forward to reading about your antics!

:) sheetal

4:54 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

No. No no no. I will not be in another situation in which I get in an argument with an otherwise very cool woman over an intriguing foreign man (cf not-yet-occurred danceoff over the author of Trivial Matters). If Michael is going to date in any American Bollyblogger, I will be that American Bollyblogger. After all, I sent him a postcard of Indian movie posters from India. What have you done for him lately?

I thought so.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Totally Basmatic said...

Beth, I see this is going to culminate into a post-intermission dance-off between the two heroines in the love triangle. You will wear a lehnga and dance Indian-style, whereas I will wear red pleather and dance western style. Although I look sexy, your more traditional values and excellent coffee-making skills will win Michael's heart, and I will be stuck with Akshay Kumar with a fobbish hairdo.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

OR

Mid-dance-off, we will realize that two incredibly cool women such as ourselves should not waste energy fighting over someting so trifling as a man, and then we will shake hands emphatically, hug, and walk off arm-in-arm, then turn around and smile at the camera. Michael will be left on the middle of the dance floor but will shrug good-naturedly, happy that such cool women are friends again, and then Tanaaz Currim will look at him hopefully from the corner of the room, and thunderbolts!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Totally Basmatic said...

I like your ending better because in my ending, Akshay Kumar would never let me cut his hair.

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home