Thursday, August 31, 2006

Short lists

I have a bit of an obsession with listing, I can't explain it, but I think it helps me learn a lot about myself.

The last five movies I saw in theaters:
1. Kabhi Alvidaa Na Kehna
2. Cars (saw it at the drive-in, which was pretty apropos)
3. Pirates of the Carribean 2 (actually, I saw it twice - once with friends and once with family)
4. Krrish
5. Over the Hedge

The last five movies I watched on DVD:
1. The Weatherman (disappointing)
2. Masti
3. Deewar (the new one, not the old one)
4. Mad Hot Ballroom (my ballroom dancing movie fetish rears its sparkly head once again)
5. Muppet Treasure Island

The last five books I've finished:
1. The Tenth Man by Graham Greene
2. A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by David Eggers
3. How We Are Hungry by David Eggers
4. Devdas by Saratchandra Chattopadhyay
5. The Crimson Petal and the White by Michael Faber

The last five books I've started but later set aside:
1. The Courage Consort by Michael Faber (I wanted more historical fiction, but alas, I was mistaken)
2. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (I read Love in the Time of Cholera earlier this summer; I think Marquez needs to be read one book at a time)
3. The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger (It occurred to me that I really don't care what the devil is wearing)
4. The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown (I can never get past the list of "facts" he has in the beginning - I know this book will make me angry when I read it)
5. Lucky by Alice Sebold (borrowed it from a friend and had to return it, otherwise I would have finished it)

The last five things I ate or drank:
1. A donut
2. A cup of blueberry coffee
3. A donut (somebody fell off the diet bandwagon and hit the ground running...)
4. A glass of grape Kool-Aid
5. Homemade penne a la vodka (I need to work out some kinks in my cooking)

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I too love lists. They appeal to the part of me that still wishes she were in 8th grade and reading YM. I am so puzzled by the blueberry coffee. I trust you that it's good, and I like orange coffee, but somehow...well, I'll just have to try it.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Maja said...

Oh hello, I was on a diet till today, too *eats another cookie* Meh, and I was doing so well. Maybe I'll get back on the wagon tomorrow.

I've only ever had coffee-flavoured coffee! Blueberry? Orange? What am I missing?

Did you like A Staggering Work etc.? I read about 3/4 of it last year, really liked the first half or so, but then it suddenly started annoying and/or boring me (I don't remember any more), so I never finished it. And you can stop trying with the DaVinci Code, reading it is such a waste of time. Never mind the story, even the writing is really bad.

Did I know there was a remake of Deewar? I haven't even seen the original Deewar yet. Sheesh.

4:38 PM  
Blogger babasko said...

Hah, i stopped reading the da vinci code probably at the same page as you, with the same sentiments

And I cant believe how anybody can drink perfumed coffee or tea (my husband is totally into caramel roibos tea at the moment - I hate even the smell) no, no, plain chai with milk and one spoon of brown sugar and no masala there for me...

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home