Sunday, October 15, 2006

True Confessions Time

I know this is probably completely awkward, but I'm so happy and pleased and excited that I have to tell everyone this.

Hi, I'm 21 years old and I've finally been kissed.

For the first time. Ever.

I know it's kind of ridiculous. You're probably like, "What? People wait? For kissing? Why?"
In my case, it was a one-two punch of firstly dating boys that I realized I didn't like halfway through the first date and then going on a dating hiatus for almost two years ("Dating hiatus? People do that, too?"). Most of my friends either: a) think I'm some sort of prude; b) applaud me for waiting because they're afraid I'll get pregnant (I come from a line of very fertile women, and I'm not about to tempt fate); or c) think I'm joking. Anyway, I guess my planets never aligned until tonight, when a friend I've totally been crushing on asked if he could bring a movie over. To "watch." It was 1963's The Great Escape, which is nearly three hours long.

We did a lot of "watching."

It was so sneaky and kind of Bollywood-esque how he surprised me. I was completely engrossed in the film and to get my attention he said, "I have something in my eye." I was all "Let me see" when he slid his hand to the back of my head and pressed his lips to mine.

And it was totally worth waiting, in case anyone was wondering. Totally.

5 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

As always, you are awesome. Rock on! (Watch on?)

6:49 AM  
Blogger Daddy's Girl said...

Aaaawwww... that is so sweet! I'm sitting at my office desk with a smile on my face now (and that NEVER happens). Thanks!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Sheetal said...

I read this post with the biggest smile on my face!!! That is just too adorable for words, TB :>

Does the man in question know of your blog...and does he know that people all the way in South Africa know about "what happened?!"

BTW - don't feel bad about waiting. Becaue - I still am. I kid you not.
*sigh

8:17 AM  
Blogger Shell said...

Wow what a first kiss.. either it was.. or your made it sound so magically... made me smile..

8:57 PM  
Blogger Corny name said...

Woohoo!
That is so awesomely cute,..

Awwwwwwwsome?

Congratulations!
And it's rare that someone waits that long, but it's great you did.

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home